Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 cup shell pasta
- 1/2 cup green lettuce
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 6oz can of tuna
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in seashell pasta, and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Peel and cube avocado. Add pasta, tuna, kalamata olives, avocado, and grated Cheddar cheese; mix well. Stir in dressing; toss to coat.
Source (with a few changes): http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tuna-Pasta-Salad/
Blueberry, Spinach, and Avocado Smoothie
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 avocado
- Add all the ingredients and blend to a puree consistency. Frozen fruit makes it thicker, so add more orange juice or water if it’s too thick.
Source (with a few changes): http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/10-amazing-avocado-smoothie-recipes/blueberry-spinach-and-avocado-smoothie/
- green lettuce
- kalamata olives
- gouda cheese
- sun dried tomatoes
- creamy Italian dressing
- Just rinse and chop the lettuce and mix with the ingredients. This is my own little recipe, so I haven’t the slightest idea what the amounts of the ingredients I use are. I’ll update this once I’ve made it this week and actually measure.
- 61/2 ozs tuna
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing (good quality)
- shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes (medium)
- 2 English muffins
- ground pepper
- Cook the bacon until very crispy and crumble into a bowl. Put to the side.
- Boil the eggs. Peel and cube. Place in the bowl.
- Peel and cube avocados. Place in the bowl.
- Drain tuna. Put in the bowl. Add the dressing and mix.
- Split and toast English muffins.
- Place tomato and lettuce on each muffin and top with tuna mixture. Grind some fresh pepper on top.
Source (with a few changes): http://www.framedcooks.com/2011/07/tuna-cobb-salad-sandwiches.html
Spinach Basil Pesto Pasta
- 1 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 cup teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- rotini pasta
- Roast the pinenuts in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. OR cheat and roast them in the microwave: Place the pine nuts in a small, fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water. Toss with the salt. Transfer the nuts to a small brown paper bag, fold over the bag and microwave on high for 1 to1 1/2 minutes. Remove the bag from the microwave and set aside to cool for 1 minute.
- Blend the spinach, basil, pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor until nearly smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary. Drizzle the remaining olive oil into the mixture while processing until smooth.
- Pour any pesto you’re not using into ice cube trays and cover with plastic wrap. Pop out and add parmesan to make a quick snack throughout the week.
- Add parmesan cheese to remaining pesto in blender. The amount recommended for the entire recipe is 1 1/2, so the amount you add will depend on how much you’re using.
- Cook and drain the rotini, then add sauce until warm.
Source (with a few changes): Sauce - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spinach-basil-pesto ; Microwave Trick - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/microwave-toasted-pine-nuts-recipe/index.html